Friday, September 24, 2010

Come Out to Play?

About a week ago, as Kodi and I were sitting in the backyard one evening a young girl on a bicycle came to the driveway. She parked her bike and asked if she could play with Kodi.

He welcomed her, sniffing and licking her, jumping up and talking to her.

For about a half an hour, she threw his ball, tossed his Kong Wubba around the yard for him. It was nice, as she and I got to chat while they played.

When she was ready to leave, as it was getting dark, she told Kodi goodbye and I told her she could come over and visit whenever she saw us out in the yard. Kodi would appreciate having someone who could run around the yard with him.

Last night, there was a soft knock on the screen door. I called out, as I was getting up to answer, “hang on.” A meek female voice asked, “Can your dog come out to play?”

I nearly fell over as I crossed the room. Now Kodi has ‘friends’ coming over and asking if he can come out to play… ugh! LOL

I’m telling you, he’s more human than some humans I know. :)

No comments: